Food Safety Guides Co-Founder, Charlie Kalish, will be speaking on fermentation and the Cal Code HACCP requirement at the California Environmental Health Association's 2017 Annual Educational Symposium on Tuesday, April 11. Attendees will include local and state health inspectors from across California that are responsible for enforcing this requirement.
In this seminar, Charlie will discuss:
- The HACCP regulation that applies to retailers and food service establishments engaging in fermentation (e.g. kimchi, pickles, sauerkraut)
- Fermented food categories
- Food items that are subject to the State's Cannery Inspection Program vs "fermented" foods
- What type of controls to expect from fermentation operations that have implemented a HACCP plan
- Resources and process authorities